Casual Black and White










Happy Saturday everyone! I'm so excited about this weekend - we finally have a weekend at home and the temperature is starting to feel like fall around here! Chase and I are going to get outside for a bit today and it's the first home game of Mizzou football season! This look is one that I wore this week to run some errands and wanted to share because it's easy and classic. If you hadn't noticed yet, I love black and white together. There's something so fresh yet timeless about the pair that are the basis of my wardrobe. I also love versatile pieces like this basic striped tee that you might recognize from a few weeks ago. 

As I grow up, I have put more thought into selecting pieces that are more timeless and invest my money in better quality items rather than focusing on trends in fashion. There are some styles that look great for this summer (hello crop tops!), but they may not be so popular this time next year. I've also tried to search for clothing that works better for my body type and my schedule, too. For me this means that investing in a better quality pair of jeans that I've wear multiple times each week or a classic handbag that I'll still want to carry even decades from now. This also means buying items other than the same staple shirt in multiple colors so that it doesn't look like I wear the same style of outfit day after day. It took me a long time to realize this and I can honestly admit that documenting my looks has helped me tremendously. 

By sharing my outfits with you, I hope that I'm able to continue to build on my own personal style as well as give you inspiration to re-fall in love with pieces you already own and to find new ones that make you smile, too. I love the quote by Yves Saint Laurent - "I have always believed that fashion was not only to make worm more beautiful, but also to reassure them, give them confidence." I am reminded time and time again as I put an outfit together that getting the perfect shades of colors, picking the right shoes, or getting my makeup just as I'd like doesn't truly matter as long as whatever I'm wearing gives me the confidence to own the way I look. Above all else, I hope that I am able to inspire you to be confident in yourself regardless of all else because you are truly beautiful and absolutely deserve to me happy in your own skin!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and thanks again for stopping by Seasons of Style!



Comments

Popular Posts