Tips for Transitional Style













 

Tank - love these!
Jeans (sold out) - similar here and undestroyed here
Sandals ($20!) without ankle strap here
Watch - two-tone here silver here and rose gold here

This is one of my favorite times of the year for living in Missouri - you can literally wear just about anything in your closet! Some days, it might be 85 degrees and sunny and if you wait a few hours, it might all of a sudden be in the 40's with a thunderstorm rolling in. While it can be great for being able to style whatever your heart desires, it can also be a challenge to be prepared for what Mother Nature might throw your way. When everyday is a curveball, I have a few tips that I always count on for getting out the door and still looking stylish.

1. Check the weather...again.

I know. This one sounds so basic, but really. Most days the forecast that I read before I fall asleep isn't the same one I'll get when I wake up. I try to plan out an outfit the night before and am always been prepared to switch it up last minute. Many of you know the love that I have for wearing sandals ( and I do still wear them on most rainy days!) although I definitely consider what I'm going to be doing that day. The ones I'm wearing here are a great choice, for me because the ankle strap helps keep them in place.

2. Layers are your best friend

It's always great to have a piece that you can add or take away if it's warm/cool or rainy/sunny. Make sure that you still love your outfit with or without it though! I love a utility jacket over a white tee, but if I take the outer layer off, I like to have another accessory like a necklace or earrings to keep the outfit together. This gray sweater is one of my favorite items I own because the weight is so versatile! It's light enough that I'll wear it all summer long and is also cozy enough for chilly nights.

3. Neutrals for the win

While a bold pop of color or statement print can be invigorating, nothing will ever compare to the class of a timeless piece. I love pairing simplistic jewelry with outfits because they help to elevate the look that you've created without being over the top. This necklace from Kate Spade is a staple in my life because it compliments so many styles, from casual basics like I've styled here to adding some shine to a stunning dress and heels. It comes in gold and silver and at less than $60, I think it would be a wonderful addition to your collection. This watch is also one that I've had for years and continue to wear constantly. It's a boyfriend style and also has a ring of stones around the face that allows it to coordinate with countless looks.

I hope these tips help transition your style through the seasons and thanks so much for stopping by!


Comments

Popular Posts