Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 - Keep or Pass


Hey guys! I'm sure you've been overloaded with #nsale coverage, but with just a few hours before prices go back up, I wanted to share sizing, fit, quality details with you on some of the goodies that I purchased and if I planned to keep them or send them back. I've got photos of lots of items with details linked below each photo. As always, if there's something you'd like to know that I haven't mentioned, please ask! I hope this guide is able to help you score some great last minute deals before prices jump back up!






I wasn't sure initially how much I'd like this sweater. I have trouble with some tops being long enough and with this one measuring 24", I was afraid it would be too short for my preference. Surprisingly, I love the way it fits! It's a great top for a quick front tuck.

Final Call: Keep!




These sunnies were my first purchase during the sale! They're big, a gradient brown frame, and so fun. For the price, the frame is very sturdy too which I appreciate. Lip color is 6 - Tan Lines. Also, fun game for this post - can you spot the reason why I snapped this photo?

Final Call : Keep!


The very first purchase I ever made from Nordstrom was the version of this cardigan three years ago. It's one of the most worn items in my closet and one that I can't imagine not having. However, I'm not so in love with this year's version. It's ribbed and honestly, I thought the material was a bit itchy. The color is gorgeous though!

Final Call: Pass


This is the same cardigan as above, just in a different color. I love this color, too! It's great for fall and such a good "pop" against black. These leggings are ones that I've raved about more than probably any other item I've ever mentioned on this blog, but they really are just that good. Right now they're on sale for $35.90 and I buy another pair each year because I wear them so often!

 Cardigan - Final Call: Pass
Leggings - Final Call: Keep!



These tees are made from some of the most comfortable material - it's a cotton modal blend and they drape like a dream! When I saw they were included in the sale, I instantly added 3 of them to my cart, but they are not the same as the ones sold outside of the anniversary sale. While they are a great price, I think the non-sale style is worth the extra dollars for the better cut. 


Final Call: Pass



In this photo, I'm wearing this plaid shirt in a medium. I buy another color every year during the sale because they're great quality for low price and I usually size up for extra length to wear with leggings, but this year's style is meant to be oversized and they definitely achieved that. While I do love this shirt and the color is gorgeous, I actually ordered the same top one size down from my normal to get a better fit for my preference.

Final Call: Keep - in the smaller size!




This cardigan has been something I've looked at for the last couple of years and just never bit the bullet, but decided to get one this year and it's hands down my favorite thing I purchased during the sale! I think I've already worn in like 6 times 🙈. It's cozy, warm, and is going to be my go-to for cold weather days this winter. It's a great piece to snuggle in at home, but the style is also nice enough to wear out and about in public. Plus - it has pockets! This is also the same cotton-modal tee from above in white and my beloved leggings from above, too!

Cardigan - Final Call: Keep!
Tee - Final Call: Pass
Leggings - Final Call: Keep!



I've considered purchasing the smaller palette I linked above for a few months now and the price point has kept me from deciding that I need it in my collection. When I saw in the sale catalog that this palette was included in the sale with a setting powder, contour powder, two blushes and two highlighters, I instantly knew that I'd be buying it - especially since it was only a few dollars higher than the one I'd already been considering. Based on the quality that I'd been expecting from this brand, I was quite disappointed in the product that I received. I swatched the colors on my hand above and while the photo doesn't completely capture the true colors, this powders didn't have near the creamy blendability that I was hoping for. I did send this palette back, but will still keep the smaller one in mind for when I do decide to get a setting powder/contour kit. 

Final Call: Pass

Thank you for sticking around to read this whole post! I know it's long, but I hope it's helpful as you shop the last few hours of the anniversary sale and get some great deals on new pieces for fall. I can't wait to talk to you again soon!

xo,
Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts