Colourpop Cosmetics Unboxing and First Impressions




Hey there! I just ordered some new goodies from Colourpop Cosmetics and I thought I'd share the unboxing, swatches, and first impressions with you. So I've heard great things about Colourpop's lippie stixs for a while now and have really been on a kick lately for trying out new lip products. With the great price point that Colourpop offers, I decided it was the perfect time to place my very first order with the company. 


I was blown away by the foam padding lining the entire box of products! Most of the beauty products that I order online come with the inflated air packaging that seems to work pretty well, but with this stuff - these items were definitely secure during their travel to me. 


I did a little research on the company's line before ordering anything and found some reviews on other products that I wanted to try out as well. With the price point being $5 on nearly every single product shown here, I wasn't going to be at much of a loss if I didn't care for something.



This little booklet was added into my box. It gives details behind every product line that Colourpop sells - so informative for the first-time buyer like me!


I couldn't narrow down to just one eyeshadow so I picked two. These are both from the super shock line which is a very different formulation than a pressed shadow. They're a cream-to-powder eye shadow with a bouncy texture. They're incredibly creamy and cool to the touch. I was so anxious to touch these just to see what they were - and they're so cool! Like just-want-to-keep-touching-them cool.



This color is Girly. It's a light vanilla shade with hints of pink and gold so it's a great color to use with both warm- and cool-toned looks. Another You-tuber raved about this shade as an inner corner highlight so naturally - added to cart. done.


This shade didn't quite have the color payoff that I was expecting for the formula. It's a great neutral option for an inner corner highlight or lid color, but you're going to get the best coverage by applying with your fingers. 

Final thoughts - I tried this one out for a few days and it was just okay. It will probably be something that I use here and there (maybe for a no-makeup makeup look) but doesn't have the instantly awakened eye look that I'm usually going for if I'm applying a product to the inner corner of my eyes. 


Next up - Sunset Blvd of the Kae'Pop Collection. I don't know if this one will be part of the permanently collection (so if you love it - buy it now!) but I'm a sucker for a gorgeous bronze shade. This one had much better color payoff and the undertones are the perfect mix of mostly brown with bits of red and gold to make it shine. I haven't worn it as much as the previous shade yet, but I have a feeling that I'm going to get a ton of use out of it this summer and fall. 


Final thoughts : This formula is very intriguing, but doesn't have the coverage that I was expecting from it. I definitely feel that I'll wear the Sunset Blvd shade more often than the Girly shadow, but they each work well for their respective purposes.


You guys. This palette. $15. 😳



This bronzer and highlighter palette is a collaboration with Alexis Ren ( if you like it - hurry!).


So I didn't measure these in the photos, but these pans are HUGE! Each one is 2"x2".


Bronzer swatch is the top left and highlighter is on the bottom left. As you can see next to the  eye shadow swatches, these colors are very warm and they are highly pigmented. I think I'll get some use out of this palette this summer as I get a little more tan. In the winter months - this will probably hibernate. 

Final thoughts : If you have a darker complexion and love warm tones, this palette will be your best friend. Or if you are looking for a great warm eye shadow combo, this is really great option for an unbeatable price. Even if you wore both colors daily, it would take years to hit pan with this. 


Another You-tuber thought this eyeliner in Honey Dude was a great waterline liner shade and I wanted to try it since it was only $5. Have you ever heard about the trick to make your eyes look bigger by applying white eyeliner? Ever tried it? On me - it makes my eyes look weirdly discolored so I prefer to use a more flesh-toned product. 


Final thoughts : For an affordable option, this eyeliner is awesome! It's creamy and it's a twisty-pencil which I love. However, if you're looking for the perfect waterline liner at any price point, you may not like this one. The color payoff isn't that great so to notice that I'm wearing it, I have to go over the area multiple times. I'll use this while I have it, but I doubt that I'd ever re-purchase.



For the last of the goodies - Lippie Stix! These products are like lipsticks in a pencil form and are easy to apply. The pigmentation is top notch and of these colors, not very drying on the lips. The packaging and formulation are one of my favorites out of all my lip products.


I apologize for the poor lighting, but the colors I purchased from left to right are Button, Trixie, Ziggie, Birdy, and Aquarius.



Aquarius is a collaboration with Kathleen Lights, but I believe this one is part of the permanent line. Initially, I didn't plan on purchasing this color. While my natural lip color is very pigmented and leans towards the mauve side, I don't usually buy any products in that color range because they're not my favorite. 

Final thoughts : With that said - you guys I freaking love this color! It's such a beautiful neutral shade that isn't too warm or cool and I think it would look gorgeous on so many people. It's creamy, blendable, pigmented, not too glossy or matte, and is absolutely stunning. It's the color I've worn most since I got these lipsticks.




Button was one that I've heard about before. It's a beautiful pinky-coral color in a semi-gloss formula. It's not really a neutral, but it's also not crazy bold. I will wear this one so, so much going into the late spring and summer months. I will say though that this color appears much "pink-er" on me than I was expecting based on the Colourpop website.

Final thoughts : This is the one that is most likely to end up traveling in my purse everywhere I go. I love to carry something with a bit of a pop without being too much with me for those times when I want to step up my 5-minute face look. 




Trixie was my bold color choice. This is such a fun bright pink-red shade! I definitely won't wear this one as much as the neutrals, but it's going to be so fun to wear during the summer months. 

Final thoughts : This one is really bold, but it's also a great different color. I purchased it because it was $5, but wouldn't justify spending more on it because of the few occasions that I'll wear it. It is definitely a color that Jarrod will say "uh...no. no." to. 😊




I purchased Ziggie at the last moment because I found someone on Colourpop's instagram account wearing it. It's not usually something I'd purchase, but it looks like a stunning terra cotta shade.

Final thoughts : Ziggie is much darker than I was expecting so I don't think I'll wear it much in the spring/early summer months, but it is going to be so lovely this fall. It's a darker color without verging into merlot range. If you're searching for something darker without going too far - definitely check this one out!



Birdy is a new release so I couldn't find much info about it, but it looked like such a pretty pink shade for spring. I thought it would be a great option that was slightly less pigmented than my natural lip color. 

Final thoughts: This shade is definitely lighter than my natural lip color and such a pretty color, but it's definitely cooler-toned than I'm used to. I think this color will look really great on so many people, but it's different than I'm used to. 


Those are all the products that I purchased from Colourpop Cosmetics! I hope this post was helpful and informative. Overall, I'm very impressed with the quality of the products that I received and am so amazed at the price points offered for each. I feel that I'll get so much use from these items and will definitely order more from the company. 


Comments

Popular Posts