Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016 Inspired Makeup
















Ah you guys! I LOVE watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show each year! The lingerie is stunning, the models definitely push me to workout harder, the hair is divine and the makeup is so gorgeous! One of things I appreciate most about the Fashion Show is that the makeup is something that looks amazing on everyone and is totally achievable at home. This year seemed a little different than most with a bolder appearance, but still held true to the classic warm and golden glow that Victoria's Secret is known for. 

I wanted to share this look with each of you because I think it's something that everyone can wear and everyone can do themselves! (Yes you!) I started by applying my foundation with a brush and following with concealer on my eyelids, under my eyes, on the middle of my forehead, down my nose, and a bit on my chin. I blended all of this with a Beauty Blender. I applied blush to apples of my cheeks and blended out along my cheekbones. One of the keys to the makeup this year was non-touring. The idea is that you can contour the face using highlight shades rather than focusing on deepening the shadows. I used two shades to amplify the highlight - one bright shade and one golden shade. 

For the eyes, I dusted the golden highlight all over my lids with the eyeshadow brush. To intensify the effect, I used the bright highlight on the inner corners and under my brows. Using a short shader brush, I smudged bronze eye shadow along my upper lash line and the outer two-thirds of my lower lash line, bringing it to the bright highlight applied earlier. I believe the eye liner used on the models in the Fashion Show was a charcoal color, but I used a grayish black shade to create a long wing on both sides. To soften the intensity, I used a wide flat brush to smudge the eyeliner into the bronze shadow. This also brings out more of the glow that Victoria's Secret is known for.

I hope you all enjoyed this makeup look and thanks again for stopping by!




Comments

Popular Posts