September Beauty Loves


Welcome back to Seasons of Style! The month of October is here so it's time to share the beauty products that I couldn't get enough of in September. This is the perfect start of the fall season so I love bringing out all of the warm-toned makeup and prepping my skin for the cooler weather which leads right into the first goodie on my list this month!



Setting sprays are one of my favorite beauty products because I love for my makeup to stay where I've applied it and to keep a fresh, dewy face, but that can be a challenge when the weather isn't cooperative. This spray from Caudalie offers the staying power of a setting spray with great skincare benefits and can be used before applying your makeup for an extra burst of hydration. I've been using this product a lot lately for the moisture, amazing scent, and refreshment. 



One of my favorite parts of being pregnant is that little extra glow that your skin takes on. I had a couple of people mention when I was pregnant with Chase that I had that "special new mom glow". It was always so sweet and made my day a little brighter, but little did they know that 9/10 times, it was highlighter. This time around, I'm still taking advantage of this little trick and this highlighter is one of my most subtle ones so it's the one I wear on the daily.



Holiday sets are coming out and I love checking out what new products and combinations are coming out for the season. This is a great time to purchase new lip products because they are usually bundled at a discounted price and sometimes come in a smaller "deluxe" size. If you find a color that you think you're going to love, you can always purchase the full size later, but I would highly recommend this for buying colors that you like, but aren't sure you'll wear a lot. (Hello plum lips!) 

This year I picked up the Champagne Discovery Lip Set from Bite Beauty ($65 worth of FULL-SIZED products for $35! This is a great deal!) because the colors looked like great nude options. I really like all of the products in the set, but have been getting a ton of use out of this lip pencil - it's the exact same color as my natural lip color and is a perfect match for so many warm lip looks this season. It's in the shade 036 - Rose Taupe.



Continuing with great lip products, I recently picked up this lipstick from NARS in the shade Pigalle and I can't get enough. NARS lipsticks are well known for quality pigment and smooth application and I would absolutely agree. This color is a darker, warm nude and exactly what I was looking for this Fall. 



I've heard a lot of great reviews on Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara, but haven't gotten a chance to try it personally yet. When L'Oreal released this Lash Paradise mascara that's considered a perfect dupe at just $8, I had to give it a try. I was surprised to like it as much as I did! I don't know that I'll purchase it again when it runs out, but I did really enjoy using it this month.

Just my opinion on mascaras - I think that what you can buy at the drugstore is fairly comparable in quality to some higher end mascaras. The only difference I find is that I use up a drugstore mascara in about a month whereas a department store mascara will last me around 9 months of daily wear, on average. Per cost, I tend to buy a more expensive mascara because I get more product, making the cost per wear less with a better look. 

(PS - yes I was a business major in college 🙈)

I had to save the best for last! I've used a couple of different gel eyeliners and was searching for "the one". I bought this one from Beautylish (great website - highly recommend!) because the reviews and photos were so great. At $16, the price point was about where I was hoping to find a great product and I cannot tell you just how impressive this liner is. It's the blackest black I've ever seen - like better than sharpie color black -, creamy, smooth, easy to apply and my biggest test - I can create the thinnest line for a wing that I could ever imagine. I've always struggled with getting winged liner that wasn't too think and was black enough to be noticeable, but this product makes it a breeze. Inglot Cosmetics is primarily designed more for stage makeup so the products are crazy pigmented and the shade range is unbelievable. Yellow eyeliner anyone? 😊


I wanted to include this photo just so you could see swatches of all the products I've mentioned this month. They're in order from top to bottom:



Thank you for reading this post - I hope you enjoyed it! - and have a great rest of the weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts