Announcing the News...

Hey there! I mentioned in my last post that I didn't really get a chance to "announce" when I was pregnant with Chase in a fun way, so that was a huge goal for me this time.

I first started with breaking the news to Jarrod, which if you know him, is an incredibly difficult task! I wanted to put together a New Dad Bag full of baby-themed candy. I found the cutest Mickey Mouse card with a "Congrats!" theme and wrote a little message to Jarrod saying that I hoped he enjoyed the baby-themed candy and wished him congrats on being a dad...again! I think it he ate almost all of it in a couple of days!


We decided to share our news first with the grandparents so I created this little note. That proved to be more of a challenge than I expected as I couldn't get my parents in the same place before my mom guessed the "why" and Jarrod's parents were ecstatic! 

Next, we called our siblings because they're all in college. If I would've had a bit more time and thought about it sooner, I might've tried mailing "aunt" and "uncle" boxes. Just little things to say congrats similar to the sunshine boxes (I think that's what they're called...) that were all over the internet a few years ago. 


Our coworkers were the last group of people we broke the news to before sharing with everyone. Jarrod and I both work on my family's farm and Chase is with me at work for a couple of hours each day so we spend a lot of time around these same people. Even though we're technically just people who work at the same place, we're a pretty close "family" so I wanted to share the news in person.




I found this cute idea and thought it was a perfect way to wake everyone up at 6am, but it turns out that no one really likes to read that early 😜! 

There are so many other people in Jarrod and I's lives that we would've loved to share the news with personally, it is really important to me that big news like this is something that I get to share myself rather than someone hearing through word of mouth. It's always lovely that someone is so excited they want to share it with others, but it's so much more meaningful when you get to be the one to tell.

Finally, I would like to say thank you, thank you, thank you once again for all of the kind, sweet, wonderful words you've shared as we start the journey of welcoming a new little one into the world. It means so much more than I'll ever be able to put into words so please know just how much they mean. 

xo, h



Comments

Popular Posts