White Hot Shorts and a Styling Tip










Lip Color - Peacemaker

If you know me well, you know that white is my color weakness. Not kidding, my closet is probably one-third white - even with a toddler. It's especially my favorite this time of year. Nothing makes a tan look more fab than a bright, crisp white to accentuate it. Plus, it's the color that holds the least amount of heat so when it's topping out with a heat index in the 100+ range in Missouri and it's only mid-June, white it is! And while I love a great pair of white shorts, it can be so challenging trying to style them up a bit for an event. So here's my biggest piece of fashion advice that works for every. single, outfit. always. 

Less on one side, more on the other

Let me explain. In this outfit, I'm wearing shorts with a 2-3" inseam. This is the less side. To counterbalance that, I wore a longer sleeved top with no cleavage, or more. This chambray button up is a great timeless, versatile piece that enhances the clean white of the shorts. It balances out the minimalism of the bottoms with more coverage on the top. You can also use this tip in the winter months too. If I feel like wearing a chunky cardigan, I usually pair it with skinnies rather than a pair of bootcut jeans to balance out the weight of the outfit. For bootcut denim, I usually wear a more fitted top. 

I hope this styling advice is helpful and that you loved this post. As always, please let me know if there's a post you'd love to see, thank you for reading this one, and I can't wait to talk to you again soon!

xo, h.


Comments

Popular Posts