current skincare routine


there's only one day left of the sephora spring bonus event! i hope you've found some fun new makeup products to try and maybe some great skincare products as well! while i love trying high-end makeup, i think finding a skincare routine that works for you and your face and body is the first step and usually the most noticeable, too. i've tried so. many. products. in the past and these are the ones that i continue to use day after day. 

while these are the products that i like for my skin, it's important to choose what works best for you, too. i have spent years trying to figure out what my skin likes and doesn't like (and trying it all again between pregnancies and breastfeeding!). my skin is definitely on the drier side and i've got a few skin allergies as well. anything with aloe tends to turn my skin red and feel like it's burning so i'm a big believer in reading the ingredients of something before i use it. 

keep reading below to see my skincare routine step-by-step that i've been using!


the first step of my skincare routine is removing my makeup. this makeup melter is so amazing at breaking up any makeup that i've worn and is gentle on my lashes, which is my make or break when it comes to a makeup remover. this keeps my lashes soft and doesn't dry them out. plus, for all my contact wearing girls, this doesn't irritate my contacts either! it does have an oil base, but i've found that by using a downward sweeping motion down my lashes keeps my contacts from getting a film and removes my eye makeup with just a few swipes. 


this cleanser is one of the newer parts of routine - and probably my favorite part! i initially tried this after hearing that it was what Meghan Markle used (her skin is gorgeous!) and oh. em. gee. is this stuff so awesome! it's part of the first rinse of rice after it's harvested and starts as little grains. when mixed with water it turns into a paste that gently exfoliates while cleansing. it leaves my skin incredibly soft and seriously glowing!


if you haven't heard of drunk elephant's skincare line yet - you're missing out! the company makes products that are free of the "suspicious six" - essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical screens, fragrances/dyes and sls - all ingredients that can be found in skincare products that may not actually be helping your skin to look and feel its best.  they offer so many good products, but one of my favorites is this one here! i started using it every night when i first purchased it, but over time i've dropped to using it maybe 1-2x per week. my skin looks better now than it ever has and i wholeheartedly believe it's thanks to drunk elephant's product line. 


you've heard me rave for years about the bite agave lip mask and while i still love it, i have to admit that i've found a different lip mask that i think i might love even more! this cute little pink pot of goodness conditions the lips just as well without being quite as heavy and sticky and leaves the prettiest hint of pink on the lips. i use it at night for the "mask" and during the day for minimal makeup looks too. bonus - it's only $12 during the sale with rouge access!


each night, i remove my makeup, wash my face, and moisturize and depending on if i feel like my skin could use a little extra help, i might add in a serum, too. after searching for the right fit for my skin, i've finally found a routine that works for me and i hope these products might be a good fit for you, too, or hopefully help you to find the perfect lineup for the glowy, gorgeous skin you have!


thanks so much for reading this post! what skincare products do you live by? i absolutely love trying out new things and friends always give the best recommendations!

these are the pj's i'm wearing in these photos. they're so soft and comfortable!




Comments

Popular Posts