Mid Pregnancy Bump-Date

How am I already 25 weeks into this pregnancy?!? Time has gone by so quickly - less than 15 weeks until we welcome this sweet babe into the world! I've rediscovered some items that I loved while pregnant with Chase and have found a few new items this time around that have been on heavy rotation in my closet. 

Dressing the bump can be so much fun some days and some others I realize that I'm pretty much the queen of basics (insert face palm emoji), but I feel like pregnancy is that time when finding clothing that's cute and functional at the same time can be so challenging and you only have a short bit of time to find those key pieces. Personally,  I like to invest in some versatile basics and add a few fun pieces to switch it up and I try to wear non-maternity items as often as possible so that I can continue to wear them after the bump. Below are some of the items that have been closet staples for me as well as a few of those fun budget-friendly options that I've been loving so far.

PS - you might want to grab a drink and a snack - this post is going to be a long one!



Dress

I'm a big fan of finding non-maternity options that can be worn during pregnancy so that you don't have a 9-month (give or take) timeline of use with an item. This dress has been a new find for this pregnancy that isn't maternity, but I'm wearing so much! Plus, I'm still able to wear the same size at 25 weeks that I wore before so I know I'll be able to wear it even after the bump is gone. 


Sweater     Jacket     Jeans     Sandals

The first trimester can be so challenging to style based on when you're ready to share the news that you're expecting. For me, morning sickness is a quick giveaway and Jarrod and I both are terrible at keeping such exciting news to ourselves so we announced pretty early which made the first stages of dressing the bump much easier. This sweater is amazingly soft and stretchy so I wore it before I had enough of a bump to wear maternity tops.

Jackets and other layers are also a great way to style the basic options you'll get a bunch of wear out of during those early months. I love a great twill jacket and this one is a great weight for when it's just a bit chilly out.

 

White Tee     Support Tank     Skirt

I was just past the first trimester when we took our family Christmas photos this year and really wanted something that would show off the bump! This skirt was a great option and it comes in so many colors - it took me longer to pick out a color than it did to ship! Can you believe that it's also less than $40? I ordered up a couple of sizes to make sure that it would cover the bump well, but I can definitely see adding another color to my closet once this little one is here!

Also, you're going to catch this shirt and other color/sleeve length options throughout this post. These tees are hands down a wardrobe staple for me during pregnancy and I love the non-maternity line of them as well .(see the widget below for more links!) I've added a few more short sleeve options and a few tanks this time since I'm pregnant during the exact opposite months as I was with Chase.



Tank     Support Tank     Jeans

I lived in this line of support wear the second and third trimesters of my pregnancy with Chase. I haven't worn them quite as often this time around because I haven't had as much trouble with pressure in my belly area, but any time I know I'm going to be moving a lot, I definitely add one of these tanks under my top. The science behind them is so impressive and they make such a difference in easing the feels of growing that bump! I would highly recommend checking out the tanks and leggings too for maternity wear!

Maternity jeans could quite possibly be the biggest debate of maternity wear and for good reason - there are so many options available and every person has different goals in mind when selecting denim for their pregnancy. Some ladies are lucky (or determined!) enough to make it through all 40+ weeks in their pre-pregnancy jeans and they are rockstars! I personally think it's easier for me to accept that I'm going to be rocking maternity denim pretty early on. With my last pregnancy I found a great pair and a great price through Pink Blush maternity (highly recommend them!), but this time I knew I'd be wearing jeans much more frequently so I decided this was one area I was going to focus on getting right. I tried a few different pairs on in the beginning and chose a full-panel non-distressed option which many mamas-to-be really love as their belly grows. I did like them, but I tend to carry pretty low so the seam where the panel and denim meet hits about 2 inches above the bottom of my bump so they're kind of uncomfortable, especially when sitting. I'll share what pair have become my favorite in this pregnancy later... 😊



Hat     Scarf (old)     Coat     Purse     Leggings     Booties

I have somehow miraculously been able to still zip my warmest winter coat up until this point, as long as I do some creative wiggling! I love being able to add a few fun accessories to style a few basics. These are the support leggings that I love for pregnancy because they help with the bump and their very stretchy when you're needing that extra comfort.



Jacket     Scarf (gift)     Tee     Leggings     Booties

I love rocking a classic black and white look anytime, but it's one of my quick go-to styles when pregnant. You all know how much I love my basics and this look combines so many of them! Also, these leggings aren't maternity and you've heard how much I love them oh so many times, but they really are just that good - even with a bump!



Top     Jeans     Sandals

This top is another non-maternity find that works great with a bump! Bonus - it's currently on sale for just $27! These are the other maternity jeans that I've tried this pregnancy and I honestly just can't say enough good things about them. They are the demi panel style so instead of front packets, that area has been swapped for elastic, which means that there's still a zipper, button closure, and the best part - they still have belt loops! One of my biggest struggles with maternity pants is how challenging it can be to pull them back up into place.



Top     Necklace     Jeans

I saved one of my favorite photos for last (insert smiling face emoji). For our gender reveal party I wanted to something that comfortable for wearing all day long and hosting guests that evening and something that didn't clash with the black and gold NYE sort of theme we celebrated with. This necklace was a great was too add some flair to some wardrobe staples while still being functional. 

Congrats! You finally made it to the end! Thank you so much for reading this blog post and I hope that it's helpful as you find ways to dress the bump! I've linked many items throughout this post, but there are a few additional options included in the widget bar below. This is such an exciting time and I'm so glad that I get to share it with you! 

xo, h

Comments

Popular Posts