Dry Shampoo Review





The Before
(no product, no styling, one day after washing)


Using Batiste to absorb oil and add volume


Applying Pret-a-powder at my roots


After Styling
(using my fingers to add more volume at my crown)


Final Look



Happy Monday friends! I hope you all had a lovely weekend! It seems like every weekend, even when I have no plans, I somehow still get ready to go somewhere. It might only be the grocery store or a quick run to get some time outside of the house, but I still want my hair to look good. 

I was oh so luckily blessed with fine hair and I struggled for years to find products that gave me the lift and volume that I wanted before finally being introduced to dry shampoo. It has been such a life-changer for me and I thought it just might be the same for you too!

When I first started using dry shampoos, it took me a bit to find ones that worked well for me and how to use them. I've found that the three below help me to achieve different results and they're all staples in my beauty routine.

Since I do have fine hair, I also struggle with noticeable oil at my roots. I love the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo for really giving me that true clean feeling. It's a bit on the pricier side so it's not one that I use on a daily basis, but it's one of my favorites for travel because it gives me clean hair without changing the texture of my natural hair. I spray it towards my roots in sections and use my fingers to distribute the product more throughout my hair.

Bumble and Bumble's Pret-a-powder is my absolute favorite of all. It gives me phenomenal volume without using a ton of product. I use this one two different ways. For more natural volume, I shake the powder out in the palm of my hands and run it through my hair. If I'm looking for some really impressive volume, I'll shake the powder out right at my scalp in sections and run my hands through it to really boost the volume. 

For the everyday, I reach for Batiste Dry Shampoo. It's the most versatile that I use and with the price point (only $6!) and it being available at so many retailers (I get mine at Wal-Mart usually!), it's the one I use the most. It does a great job of soaking up any oil that you don't want while also giving you a bit of volume, too. 

I hope these reviews are helpful in trying out dry shampoo for the first time or finding the one (or three!) that work best for you. If you'd like more detail on these or 16 other great options, check out this great resource here. I've used the Klorane Dry Shampoo that was ranked #1 overall and was really impressed with it!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you had a great start to the week (and maybe caught a glimpse of the eclipse too)! 

xo, h.

Comments

Popular Posts